Chemco is Hiring: Junior Electrical Estimator [Closed]
This posting has been closed, thank you for all who applied. Qualified individuals are being contacted.
Junior Electrical Estimator
Chemco is hiring a Junior Electrical Estimator to assist in the development of proposal submissions. Applicants (Journeymen Electrician or Electrical Technologists) should have at least 5 years of industrial electrical construction experience. Salary will be based on experience.
- Review potential RFP’s on published networks and discuss with the Lead Estimator or Director;
- Attend post-bid meeting when required;
- Attend site visits when required;
- Develop P6 schedules for Electrical;
- Assist in the development of Organizational Charts;
- Assist in the development of the proposal submission, this includes the following work;
- Reading and understanding the RFP documents;
- Confirming all parties are aware of their deliverable;
- Engaging subcontractors for pricing and clarifications;
- Working with the Lead Estimator and Director of Estimating to maintain a proposal strategy;
- Assist in the development and organization of the technical and commercial submission;
- Perform takeoff under the Lead Estimator’s direction;
- Develop bid clarifications;
- Attend closeout meetings if deemed necessary;
- Estimating the changes for existing projects if required;
- Assist in IFC reviews if required;
- Continued engagement with estimating ideas with all disciplines;
- Continued involvement with Accubid structures and assemblies;
- Engage all Chemco departments for RFP documentation and assistance when required;
- Fill out time sheets (IPDS) for his/herself;
- Journeyman Electrician or Electrical Technologist
- 5 years of Industrial Electrical construction experience;
- Ability to communicate clearly to clients, subcontractors and suppliers in a professional manner;
- Preferred – Training in P6, Accubid and/or equivalent estimating software
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Word and Excel;
- Class 5 driver’s license;
- Willing to work out of town;
Salary is based on experience;
Competitive benefit package after 3 months;
About Working for Chemco
Chemco is a place where talent meets possibility.
Construction projects by nature are complex and require the skill and knowledge of a diverse group of individuals. No matter what part of the business you work in, you will have the opportunity to make an impact. Live up to your full potential, in a way that expresses who you really are.
Employees are Chemco
Chemco is an employee owned company. Our level of employee engagement that can only be achieved through ownership. Our culture is based on People First:
Relationships with our internal and external partners are the cornerstone of our organization. We foster open communication in an environment where high performance matters and potential is realized.
Chemco empowers people to be successful.
We have built a safety culture that states, Chemco’s highest value is centered on the belief that safety is everybody’s business. By building health and safety into our planning, training and supervision, we create an environment where people can do their best work. We believe safety is everybody’s business and that is why we make it a value at Chemco. See the Health and Safety page for further information.
Compensation Package – Beyond a Paycheque
At Chemco, we believe in rewarding employees for making us successful. Chemco believes in rewarding performance. We offer competitive wages, a comprehensive benefits and retirement savings plans.