Chemco is a leading Canadian General Contractor specializing in multiple disciplines, including the area of Industrial Electrical & Instrumentation projects throughout Western Canada. Chemco is a progressive company that supports all individuals in both professional and personal development. We are currently accepting applications for Project Workface Planners on Electrical & Instrumentation based projects for current and future work within British Columbia, Alberta & Saskatchewan and Ontario.
If you are a self-starter motivated to make a career within our performance culture, apply in confidence.
- To assist our project-based Superintendents and Managers to plan Electrical and Instrumentation Industrial Construction workflow.
- Understanding of Electrical and Instrumentation construction workflow and how it interacts with other construction trades.
- Learning and understanding the structure of Engineered drawings, specs, details, standards, etc for each project.
- Oversee building of Field Installation Work Packages (FIWP’s) in paper and electronic formats and that they comply with schedule, engineered drawings, estimates, safety policies and procedures, etc. Ensuring packages are electronically filed, maintained, and stored as per company/project requirements.
- Daily review of construction craft timesheets to ensure accuracy of time, coding, etc.
- Ensuring the construction team is set up for success with correct information, materials, tools, equipment, etc.
- Maintaining marked-up master set of current engineered drawings, with up-to-date progress.
- Interface with Client/Chemco teams and attend meetings.
Core Skills (required)
- In-depth and broad understanding of Industrial Electrical and Instrumentation construction.
- Proficient in excel.
- Well-versed and experienced in Word, Outlook, Sharepoint, Adobe Acrobat & Bluebeam.
- Ability to read/understand engineered drawings, specs, details, standards, etc.
- Knowledgeable with construction schedules.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Works well in a group/team setting as well as alone.
- Organized and manages time well. Able to prioritize workflow.
- Strong technical and analytical skills.
- Flexible and willing to learn and assist in other areas of project administration.
Supplemental Skills (assets)
- Engineering Tech Diploma in a related field.
- Electrical and/or Instrumentation Journeyman ticket.
- Project Controls, Project Management, QA/QC experience/training/courses.
- 3D Modelling software experience (Navis works, Smart Plant, etc)
What we offer
- Competitive wages commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- H&W Benefits.
- RSP Plan
- The ability for growth and movement.