This posting has been closed, thank you for all who applied. Qualified individuals are being contacted.
Chemco is seeking a Multi-Discipline Senior Scheduler responsible for preparing, monitoring and updating schedules, manage and mentor our existing project schedulers, and provide planning and risk management support to the construction group and project teams.
Knowledge of multi-discipline industrial and heavy construction is a requirement.
Primary roles of Senior Scheduler
- Create and/or review master schedules detailing the sequence of all work and events to be performed to ensure schedule is realistic and competitive
- Participate in bid preparation and execution planning
- Create project work breakdown structure and work packages (WBS)
- Generate schedules on long and short-term resource requirements for projects, operations, owners, estimators, and subcontractors
- Maintain and/or update master schedule for multiple projects and identify and record the impact of work performed
- Manage, dispatch, and review an existing, established team of project specific schedulers
- Incorporate resource and cost loading data into schedules as required
- Proactively identify problems or conflicts in project schedules
- Work closely with the Project teams to align project baseline schedules with baseline budget and estimate
- Perform ongoing productivity analysis of construction operations
- Provide Managers with up-to-date project schedule information
- Establish client driven project specific requirements for project reporting
- Accept, review, and integrate third party schedules into master schedules
- Define third party deliverables and acceptance criteria for schedules
- Monitor and report critical path and schedule performance to Project Team
- Perform productivity analysis for controlled scopes of work
Qualifications / Requirements
- Construction related degree/diploma
- Minimum ten years experience creating, monitoring and managing complex schedules for multi disciplined industrial and heavy construction
- Trained and proficient in scheduling programs including Primavera
- Strong understanding of complex multidiscipline construction sequences is a must with an ability to analyze detailed schedules and make recommendations for changes and improvements
- Good understanding of cost/schedule integration
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Class 5 drivers licence
- Project Controls and Cost Control experience
- Ability to perform while working under stress and being able to handle ambiguity
- References required
- Based in Nisku, Alberta
- Competitive base salary
- 6-month probationary period
- Travel to and from projects for short durations but willing to work out of town when required
- Salary is based on experience
- Competitive benefit package
Chemco will contact qualified applicants for interview.
About Working for Chemco
Providing our clients with a wide range of construction and maintenance service for over 50 years, we have built our reputation on our ability to get things done. Whether your job is $1 million or $1 billion, we have the tradespeople, the on-site management, the equipment, and the experience to get it done to specifications and expectations- Safely, on time, and on budget. Our core values of People First, Safety and Accountability are at the cornerstone of everything we do.