Civil Coordinator / Estimator
Chemco is a leading Western Canadian General Contractor specializing in multiple disciplines, including the area of heavy / light industrial earthworks projects throughout Western Canada. Chemco is a progressive company that supports all individuals in both professional and personal development. We are currently recruiting an experienced Civil Coordinator / Estimator to join our team. The successful candidate will have the ability to work both independently and within a team, have strong communication skills and attention to detail.
Chemco is a proud supporter of the below programs, and strives to provide equal opportunities for all individuals in the construction and related industries:
- Trade Winds to Success
- Helmet to Hardhats
- Women Building Futures
- Pre-Apprenticeship Training (PACT Program)
If you are a self-starter motivated to make a career within our performance culture, apply in confidence.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Preference will be given to those individuals who have a Post-Secondary Degree or Certification (C.E.T) in Civil Engineering, or a combination of education and industry experience;
- Minimum of five years experience in Civil construction management / estimating;
- Experienced in confidently leading a team through the completion of a bid process for various civil projects;
- Experienced in assembling accurate, timely and well-organized estimates, including lump sum, unit rate and design-build pursuits;
- Able to work on multiple bids simultaneously, when required, and not jeopardise the integrity of the bid due to work loads;
- Experienced in cost control, performance measurement, and change management processes;
- Analyzed, prepared, and submitted reports to the client and senior management;
- Maintain and develop databases, including labour rates, material pricing and project costs, for future reference.
- Knowledge of basic spreadsheet, database, word processing programs and basic computer operation is required;
- Ability to effectively communicate through emails and utilize electronic meeting requests is required;
- Ability to adapt to a constantly changing and dynamic work environment;
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills are required;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline driven environment is required;
- P6 scheduling and Accubid experience is preferred.
Hourly compensation is based on experience. Competitive Health and Welfare package
Nisku, Alberta, and construction projects throughout Western Canada.