Chemco is a leading Western Canadian General Contractor specializing in multi-disciplinary construction projects throughout Canada. Chemco is a progressive and inclusive company that supports all individuals in both professional and personal development. We are currently seeking an organized Administrative Assistant for our Nisku office.
Chemco is a proud supporter of the below programs, and strives to provide equal opportunities for all individuals in the construction and related industries:
- Trade Winds to Success
- Helmet to Hardhats
- Women Building Futures
If you are a self-starter motivated to make a career within our performance culture, apply in confidence.
- Provide administrative support to the office manager, division leads, and other management staff to ensure efficient operation
- Prepare and input forms for invoicing, monthly progress billing and payroll/time entry
- Execute clerical and general office duties such as setting up filing systems, data entry, typing, copying, ordering office supplies, and other administrative tasks for special projects as requested
- Submit employees’ expenses, and monitor/keep track of safety certs required, expiring, and arrange recertification
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results
Requirements and skills
- Excellent time management, organization, and communication skills are needed
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Working knowledge of office equipment, like printers and fax machines
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS Word, in particular)
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Overtime time may be required
- High school diploma, additional secondary education diploma or bachelor’s degree is an asset
- 3 years of administrative experience, experience in the construction industry is preferred
Compensation and Benefits
- Permanent full-time position
- Competitive hourly wage, ($24 – $36) based on experience, plus 10% vacation/stat holiday pay
- Company RRSP contribution
- EBFA Health and Welfare Plan, including vision, dental, prescription, and life insurance.
We thank all candidates for applying, but only those that are being considered for this position will be contacted.