Chemco is a leading Canadian General Contractor specializing in multiple disciplines, including the area of Industrial Electrical & Instrumentation projects throughout Western Canada. Chemco is a progressive company that supports all individuals in both professional and personal development. We are currently accepting applications for Industrial Electrical Superintendents on Electrical based projects for current and future work within British Columbia, Alberta & Saskatchewan and Ontario.
If you are a self-starter motivated to make a career within our performance culture, apply in confidence at www.chemco.com/contact/careers
- To oversee electrical construction on projects and ensure they are built to our clients and our standards of safety, quality, schedule and cost. The Superintendent works under the direct supervision of the Project Manager.
- Understand the clients and our polices and procedures and ensure compliance and provide mentorship to our direct labour force with regards to this.
- Provide safety leadership to the direct labour force as a team effort with the onsite safety and management teams ensuring safety goals are achieved.
- Provide leadership, direction, mentoring and discipline to the direct labour force and ensure productivity and schedule targets are achieved and reported.
- Provide a high level of cooperation and communication to the Project Manager with regards to execution, planning, progress, schedule updating, budget, change management, quality, turnover, materials and procurement.
- Provide direction and assistance to subcontractors.
- Must fully understand the scope of work, drawings, specifications and details of the project and how to effectively execute the work.
- Be willing and able to take ongoing training and upgrading as required.
- Be fluent and fully involved with Electrical Lock-out and the management of such.
- Attend meetings and liaise with client reps, other contractors, sub-contractors and union reps.
- Manage and account for equipment, tools and materials.
- Participate in a daily project review with the Project Manager.
Core Skills (required)
- In-depth and broad background and understanding of Industrial Electrical construction. Strong technical and analytical skills.
- High level of awareness and understanding of OH&S legislation.
- Able to provide a high level of Safety leadership.
- Ability to read/understand engineered drawings, specs, details, standards, etc.
- Knowledgeable with construction schedules.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Can handle high levels of pressure and responsibility.
- Organized and manages time well. Able to prioritize workflow and change focus and direction quickly.
- Proficient with computers and well-versed in Excel, Word, Outlook and Sharepoint.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Works well in a group/team setting.
- Standard First Aid.
Supplemental Skills (assets)
- Engineering or Tech Diploma in a related field.
- Electrical Journeyman/ Interprovincial ticket.
- Provincial Electrical Masters or equivalent.
- Safety, Project Controls, Project Management, QA/QC experience/training/courses.
- 3D Modelling software experience (Navis works, Smart Plant, etc)
- Primavera 6, Adobe or Bluebeam experience.
What we offer
- Competitive wages commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- H&W Benefits.
- RSP Plan
- The ability for growth and movement.