Chemco is a leading Western Canadian General Contractor specializing in multiple disciplines, including the area of telecommunication infrastructure projects throughout Canada. Chemco is a progressive company that supports all individuals in both professional and personal development. We are currently recruiting Shallow Utility Workers to our growing and diverse team.
Shallow utility workers are responsible for the installation of underground infrastructure for fibre optic and associated distribution components for connection of residential and business.
- Adhering to company policies and ensuring safety is priority
- Driving to and from work locations to perform daily tasks
- Operating vehicles and equipment in a safe manner, always adhering to company policies
- Utilizing hand tools and powered tools
- Maintaining vehicles and equipment
- Working around heavy equipment in congested neighborhood settings
- Abiding by local municipality, client and company polices for working on street in residential areas
- Available to work out of town
- Maintain a valid drivers license
- Able to work with a group or independently
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Able to lift 50lbs
- FTTH or applicable utility installation experience and asset but not a requirement
- Horizontal Directional Drilling experience is an asset but not a requirement
Details on Employment terms:
- Full time seasonal.
- Weekend and night work could be required during build season.
- Pay based on experience.
We thank all candidates for applying, but only those that are being considered for these positions will be contacted.