Chemco is a leading Western Canadian General Contractor specializing in multiple disciplines, including the area of Industrial Electrical & Instrumentation projects throughout Western Canada. Chemco is a progressive company that supports all individuals in both professional and personal development. We are currently accepting applications for Quality Control Coordinator on Rail, Mechanical and Electrical & Instrumentation based projects for current work within British Columbia.
If you are a self-starter motivated to make a career within our performance culture, apply in confidence at www.chemco.com /Contact Us / Careers
- To perform the Quality Control Coordinator responsibilities working under the direct supervision of the Project Manager.
- Ensure Company, Client, Code and Regulatory requirements are effectively and efficiently obtained from Chemco and its subcontractors.
- Maintenance of RFI, NCR and MTR logs.
- Maintenance and issuance of measuring and testing equipment.
- Inspection of Chemco and its subcontractors work to ensure compliance with project specifications.
- Liaise with client and subcontractors regarding quality issues and deliverables.
- Attend client and subcontractor meetings.
- In process inspections of work to ensure Chemco and client requirements are being maintained.
- Coordinate and perform walkdowns with client after completion of work.
- Maintain and sign off ITP’s progressively as work is completed.
- Compile turnover packages.
Core Skills (required)
- Well versed in Word, Outlook, Teams, Sharepoint, Power Bi, Adobe Acrobat & Bluebeam.
- Ability to read/understand engineered drawings, specs, details, standards, etc.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Works well in a group/team setting as well as alone.
- Organized and manages time well. Able to prioritize workflow.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Handle pressure and able to change focus quickly.
- Strong technical and analytical skills.
- Flexible and willing to learn and assist in other areas of project administration.
- Ability to teach/transfer project knowledge to other employees.
- 5+ years in a Quality Control related area.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Advanced knowledge of the heavy industrial construction industry, sequencing, industry practices, quality control and turnover.
Supplemental Skills (assets)
- Engineering Tech Diploma or Engineering Degree in a related field.
- Trade ticket.
- CWB Inspector certification.
- API Inspector certification.
- Quality Management certification
What we offer
- Competitive wages commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- H&W Benefits.
- RSP Plan
- Ability for growth and movement.
- Flights to and from work site.
- Camp accommodations.
We thank all applicants in advance. Only those that are being considered for these positions will be contacted.