Chemco is a leading Canadian General Contractor specializing in multiple disciplines, including the area of Industrial Electrical & Instrumentation projects throughout Canada. Chemco is a progressive company that supports all individuals in both professional and personal development. We are currently accepting applications for Project Controls Specialists on Electrical & Instrumentation based projects for current and future work within British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Ontario.
If you are a self-starter motivated to make a career within our performance culture, apply in confidence.
- To perform the Electrical & Instrumentation Project Controls Specialist responsibilities working under the direct supervision of the Project Manager.
- Assist the Project Manager with timely delivery of information and documents in accordance with Client and Chemco requirements.
- Cost/manhour/productivity tracking, reporting and analysis.
- Development of schedule in conjunction with Superintendents, Estimators & Project Manager.
- Build/update/maintain Primavera 6 schedule. Includes working in an integrated schedule with our clients, daily/weekly/monthly updates, 3 week look ahead, etc.
- Review and reconcile actual costs/manhours to budgeted and forecast.
- Assist in the development of project specific Work Breakdown Structure (WBS).
- Oversee Change Management program. Including gathering information, development, submissions & approvals, logging, relaying information field staff, schedule adjustments, etc.
- Incorporating RFI’s into Change Management.
- Oversee Cable Management System. Includes managing master schedule, reporting, progress tracking, etc.
- Assist in management of Subcontractors/Service Providers controls and reporting.
- Interface with our Clients Project Management team and attend meetings.
Core Skills (required)
- Solid understanding of Industrial Electrical and Instrumentation construction.
- Highly proficient in excel and Primavera 6.
- Well versed in Word, Outlook, Teams, Sharepoint, Power Bi, Adobe Acrobat & Bluebeam.
- Ability to read/understand contracts, engineered drawings, specs, details, standards, etc.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Works well in a group/team setting as well as alone.
- Organized and manages time well. Able to prioritize workflow.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Handle pressure and able to change focus quickly.
- Strong technical and analytical skills.
- Flexible and willing to learn and assist in other areas of project administration.
- Ability to teach/transfer project knowledge to other employees.
- 3-5 years in a Projects Controls related area.
Supplemental Skills (assets)
- Engineering Tech Diploma or Engineering Degree in a related field.
- Post secondary degree in a related field.
- Electrical and/or Instrumentation Journeyman ticket.
- Project Controls or Project Management training/courses.
- 3D Modelling software experience (Navis works, Smart Plant, etc)
What we offer
- Competitive wages commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- H&W Benefits.
- RSP Plan
- Ability for growth and movement.