Chemco is a leading Western Canadian General Contractor specializing in multiple disciplines, including the area of Electrical and Instrumentation projects throughout Western Canada. CHEMCO is a progressive company that supports all individuals in both professional and personal development. We are currently recruiting a Payroll Clerk for our team located at the Shell Scotford Facility, situated outside of Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta.
If you are a self-starter motivated to make a career within our performance culture, apply in confidence
- Timely and accurate input of time Client and Business programs (Overtime, absences, shift changes, work ups, etc.)
- Act as a resource for payroll inquiries/issues
- Audit time entries prior to payroll deadline each pay period per HR auditing standards.
- Provides back up support for other Time Focals for time entry & timesheets/inquiries.
- Order and maintain stationery
- Other duties as required
- Support and assist Site Administrator
Experience and Requirements:
- Excel, Word, Outlook
- Working with Union employee payrolls
- Must be able to adjust to solid regular deadlines for payroll and reporting
- Will work with frequent interruptions and maintain accuracy
- Can interpret and apply Hourly Pay Policies
- Support any other miscellaneous work activities
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Pay range for the position is $21-$24 per hour based on experience and includes benefits.
- Full time shift; Monday to Friday; 40 hours per week. Overtime will be as required.
We thank all candidates for applying, only those that are being considered for this position will be contacted.