CHEMCO is a leading Western Canadian General Contractor specializing in multiple disciplines, including the area of Electrical and Instrumentation projects throughout Western Canada. CHEMCO is a progressive company that supports all individuals in both professional and personal development. We are currently recruiting Instrumentation Technician Journeymen and Apprentices to join our team for projects throughout the Edmonton region.
If you are a self-starter motivated to make a career within our performance culture, apply in confidence.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Install, calibrate, test, troubleshoot and maintain instrumentation equipment on new or existing plant equipment.
- Troubleshoot electrical, instrumentation and control equipment.
- Consult manufacturers' manuals to determine test and maintenance procedures.
- Use pneumatic, electrical, and electronic testing devices to inspect and test instrument and system operation and diagnose faults.
- Consult with and advise process operators and Field Engineers.
- Implement loss management practices.
- Repair, maintain and adjust system components or remove and replace defective parts.
- Perform risk assessments.
- Calibrate and maintain components and instruments according to manufacturers' specifications.
- Install and maintain instruments on new or existing plant equipment and processes.
- Interpret and use appropriate CSA, ISA and API installation standards and practices.
- Journeyman Certification required; Red Seal preferred.
- Previous Maintenance Services experience required (e.g. Steady state, Turnaround, Shutdown, Outage, etc.)
- Include QA/QC Replacement / Repair Transmitter setting /Pre -commissioning Work Testing of Control systems.
- Install Distribution and control equipment such as switches Relay, circuit breaker panel and fuse.
- Experience working and executing maintenance in a live plant.
- Construction Safety Training Systems (CSTS-09 or 2020) Certification
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Strong problem-solving skills
We thank all candidates for applying, but only those that are being considered for these positions will be contacted.