CHEMCO is a leading Western Canadian General Contractor specializing in multiple disciplines, including the area of Electrical High Voltage installation and testing projects throughout Western Canada. CHEMCO is a progressive company that supports all individuals in both professional and personal development. We are currently recruiting High Voltage Technicians to join our team for projects in Western Canada.
Chemco is a proud supporter of the below programs, and strives to provide equal opportunities for all individuals in the construction and related industries:
- Trade Winds to Success
- Helmet to Hardhats
- Women Building Futures
- Pre-Apprenticeship Training (PACT Program)
Perform maintenance and commissioning activities on transmission and distribution equipment. This includes maintaining records of activities performed on all equipment.
- Operating and maintaining various types of test equipment, tools, vehicles, and safety equipment needed for troubleshooting, maintenance, and commissioning activities.
- Perform installation, commissioning, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of primary and secondary power equipment including:
- Transformer Protection relays
- Generator Protection relays
- Motor Protection relays
- Main Tie Main Transfer schemes
- Instrument transformers
- Cables and terminations
- Be able to work with various types of manufacturer’s test equipment:
- Doble M4000
- Winding resistance
- CT saturator
- Support and oversee construction activities as required.
- Perform administrative functions and tasks including but not limited to preparing/completing paperwork, attend meetings, operating descriptions, planning the execution of work, and participating in assigned projects.
- Engineering Technologist preferred.
- Self-starter with minimal supervision.
- Power Electrical Systems knowledge and experience.
- Must be able to read and understand drawings.
- Between 5 and 10 year experience with Medium/High Voltage installations and testing in a supervisory position.
- Excellent leadership, positive attitude, and communication skills.
- Maintain effective working relationships with clients, and other employees.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate a willingness to work safely and show concern for environmental, health, and safety issues in the workplace.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Competitive wages commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- H&W Benefits.
- The ability for growth and movement.
We thank all candidates for applying, but only those that are being considered for these positions will be contacted.