CHEMCO is a leading Western Canadian General Contractor specializing in multiple disciplines, including the area of Electrical and Instrumentation projects throughout Western Canada. CHEMCO is a progressive company that supports all individuals in both professional and personal development. We are currently recruiting Health & Safety Clerks to join our team for projects in the Edmonton area and throughout Alberta.
CHEMCO is a proud supporter of the below programs, and strives to provide equal opportunities for all individuals in the construction and related industries:
- Trade Winds to Success
- Helmet to Hardhats
- Women Building Futures
- Pre-Apprenticeship Training (PACT Program)
Health and Safety Administrator is an integral member of the Health, and Safety team. Reporting to the Senior Safety Manager, you will provide administrative assistance to the site project in the ongoing development and administration of the Health and Safety Management System (HSMS) and general administrative support to project safety team.
- Previous experience in a HSE administrative role in a site environment is an asset.
- Relative Diploma or Certification (Health and Safety Administrator Certification (HSA), NCSO Certification, Human Resources Management Certification or Business Administration Diploma) or equivalent experience is an asset.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Previous experience in the construction industry.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to pass a pre-access drug and alcohol test.
- Committed to safety as a value and to achieve an incident and injury free workplace.
- Maintain a positive team approach with supervision.
- Provides support and the resources required to assist the management team in implementing and administering the E.H.&S. Program.
- Assist Safety Manager on EHS related matters and requirements.
- Provide administrative support to the EHS manager.
- Deliver orientations.
- Maintain EHS recordkeeping to track compliance with EHS systems and processes such as incidents, orientations, certifications, evaluations, disciplines and EHS statistics
- Provide scheduled reports to management.
- Organize and maintain health and safety files.
- Ability to transcribe meeting minutes.
- Ensures all supervisory staff understand our E.H.&S. Program as well as relevant government regulations.
- Deliver the New-Hire Orientation and assist employees in the completion of payroll documentation.
- 40-60 hours per week during Turnaround, depending on build requirements.
- Plant Turnaround for an Industrial facility in the Edmonton Area
- Anticipated duration from February to Mid-May.
- $25 per hour plus applicable overtime.
We thank all candidates for applying, but only those that are being considered for these positions will be contacted.