Grader Operators – Fox Creek/Edson Area
Chemco is a leading Western Canadian Civil Contractor specializing in earthwork, access matting projects. Chemco is a progressive company that supports all individuals in both professional and personal development. We are currently recruiting an experienced Grader Operators to join our team. We are looking for an independent operator who would be doing road maintenance work for an oil company.
Chemco is a proud supporter of the below programs, and strives to provide equal opportunities for all individuals in the construction and related industries:
- Trade Winds to Success
- Helmet to Hardhats
- Women Building Futures
- Operate grader controls to regulate height and angle of the grader blade and lower scarifier to loosen packed soil to permit grading.
- Maintaining Lease Roads summer and winter.
- Demonstrate an understanding of grades and interpret roadway plans and drawings
- Knowledge of construction materials, aggregates, clearing and grubbing and processes
- Operate Grader in a congested work environment, maintaining proper awareness of all surroundings.
- Operate two-way radios and other communication equipment, perform minor repairs to equipment.
- Conduct pre-operational inspections on equipment and clean, lubricate and refill equipment
- Ensure proper and safe storage of equipment.
- Understand and mitigate ground disturbance challenges while operating.
- Is expected to operate all equipment in a safe and highly efficient manner.
- Ensure equipment is well maintained and conduct pre-operational check on equipment.
- Follow all safety protocols and policies.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience of 3 years on working an Industrial Construction site with heavy equipment is preferred
- Clean Class 5 driver’s license
- Ability to work independently and in Remote Work Areas.
- Ability to work safely, and independently without constant supervision
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule including different shifts and overtime when needed
- Pre-employment D&A testing.
- Competitive wages and benefits
- The ability for growth and movement.
Fox Creek/Edson Areas