General Labourers – LNG Kitimat
Chemco is a leading Western Canadian General Contractor. Chemco is a progressive company that supports all individuals in both professional and personal development. We are currently recruiting experienced Labourers to join our team for projects throughout Western Canada.
Chemco is a proud supporter of the below programs, and strives to provide equal opportunities for all individuals in the construction and related industries:
- Trade Winds to Success
- Helmet to Hardhats
- Women Building Futures
- Perform tasks support the construction team
- Provide general clean up and ongoing monitoring and maintenance of work area
- Conduct groundwork including shoveling snow, raking, pumping water, and prepping the ground
- Act as a spotter for heavy equipment, when required
- Flag person, direct site traffic for heavy equipment as required
Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience working on a construction site is preferred, but required.
- Must be capable of lifting up to 50lbs
- Valid driver’s license
- Experience 5 years on industrial construction sites, is preferred
- Desire to work cooperatively as part of a productive team
- Ability to work safely, and independently without constant supervision
- Ability to work safely in a congested work environment
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule including different shifts and overtime when needed
- Pre-employment D&A testing.
- Absent an approved exemption, due to federal, state, local, provincial and/or client-requirements, this position requires an individual to be fully vaccinated by a Health Canada-approved or authorized COVID-19 vaccine upon hire and as a condition of continued employment
January 2022 – June 2022 with additional work anticipated
14 and 7, 10-hour shifts
We thank all applicants in advance. Only those that are being considered for these positions will be contacted.