Fibre Optic Splicers
Chemco is a leading Canadian General Contractor specializing in multiple disciplines, including the area of telecommunication infrastructure projects throughout Canada. Chemco is a progressive company that supports all individuals in both professional and personal development. We are currently recruiting Fibre Optic Splicers in the Lloydminster area to our growing and diverse team.
If you are a self-starter motivated to make a career within our performance culture, apply in confidence.
Fibre Optic Splicers are responsible for the installation and splicing of new and existing networks to TELUS spec.
- Splice and test fibre optic cabling
- Troubleshoot basic issues
- Ensure all attended sites are clearly labelled
- Operate vehicles and equipment in a safe manner, per company safe work policies
- Maintain vehicles and equipment
- Single and/or ribbon splicing experience
- Installation of FOSC and/or AFL enclosures
- Familiarity with the tools, equipment, and techniques of the trade
- Understanding of safety procedures when working in or around confined space
- Related education considered an asset
- Maintain a valid Class 5 driver’s license with clean drivers abstract
- Able to work outside in varying weather conditions for long hours
- Able to lift 50lbs
- Willingness to work overtime and weekends as required.
- Be comfortable working around construction equipment and public in congested neighbourhood settings
- Able to work with a group and independently
Details on Employment terms:
- Full time, seasonal
- Weekend and night work may be required during build season
- Pay based on experience
- RRSP and H&W plans available upon completion of probation
We thank all candidates for their interest, but only those that are being considered for these positions will be contacted.