Civil Superintendent – LNG Kitimat
Chemco is a leading Western Canadian Civil Contractor specializing in earthwork projects. Chemco is a progressive company that supports all individuals in both professional and personal development. We are currently recruiting an experienced Superintendent to join our team. The successful candidate will function as a field supervisor with responsibility for multiple Foreman, and/or laborers/craft workers. Candidate will be responsible for the organization, work methods, scheduling, conformity with drawings and specification, workmanship, and assignment of work to accomplish the execution of the work, either directly or through General Foreman or Foreman. Will also work to maintain positive working relationships with clients, architect/engineer, suppliers, subcontractors, and jobsite staff.
Chemco is a proud supporter of the below programs, and strives to provide equal opportunities for all individuals in the construction and related industries:
- Trade Winds to Success
- Helmet to Hardhats
- Women Building Futures
- Mentor and help to grow Jr. Superintendents and foreman
- Manage subcontractors
- Develop a program to maintain good client relations involving staff on site
- Initiate and attend supplementary and regular meetings with client for problem resolution and planning
- Develop and implement a plan for project completion and turnover
- Maintain daily diary for record keeping purposes
- Ensure that all performance evaluations and completed in a timely fashion for direct reports
- Recommend, where appropriate, organizational, policy and procedural or staff changes
- Review and approve or reject promotions up to General Foremen.
- 8+ years’ construction experience with 5+ years being in a Superintendent/Leadership capacity (preferably working on industrial civil projects such as , roads, underground infrastructure installation, large pads, and concrete, etc.)
- Must be a self-starter, highly motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to quickly learn and understand various processes regarding Chemco’s policies, procedures, and software programs.
- Ability to identify and resolve any problems that may arise.
- Excellent organizational, administrative, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong experience in Leadership, safety, negotiations, planning, and contract administration.
- Experience in Civil Construction required
- Computer skill in MS Office is preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to efficiently read and interpret blueprint drawings
- Experience in equipment operation an asset, preferably excavator and/or dozer
- Interpretation of blueprints and plans and perform/supervise all technical aspects of a job.
- The position is potentially multi-province so the ability to travel for shift work
- D&A Pre-employment testing required
- Absent an approved exemption, due to federal, state, local, provincial and/or client-requirements, this position requires an individual to be fully vaccinated by a Health Canada-approved or authorized COVID-19 vaccine upon hire and as a condition of continued employment
Jan 2022 to June 2022 with more work anticipated
We thank all candidates for applying, but only those that are being considered for these positions will be contacted.