Civil Foreman – LNG Kitimat
Chemco is a leading Western Canadian Civil Contractor specializing in earthwork projects. Chemco is a progressive company that supports all individuals in both professional and personal development. We are currently recruiting an experienced Civil Foreman to join our team. The successful candidate will have the ability to work both independently and within a team, have strong communication skills and attention to detail.
Chemco is a proud supporter of the below programs, and strives to provide equal opportunities for all individuals in the construction and related industries:
- Trade Winds to Success
- Helmet to Hardhats
- Women Building Futures
- Demonstrate technical ability and application of appropriate processes and procedures.
- Assist with the coordination of machine and manpower movement throughout the project
- Establish and communicate tasks to crew members to ensure they clearly understand their respective roles and responsibilities
- Ensure compliance and enforcement of corporate health and safety policies and procedures
- Directly supervise all phases of the project and ensure quality control testing is completed and accurate
- Attend site meetings when required
- Perform work direction talks
- Complete Daily Foremen Reports
Job Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience in Civil Construction required
- Computer skill in MS Office is preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to efficiently read and interpret blueprint drawings
- Experience in equipment operation an asset, preferably excavator and/or dozer
- Interpretation of blueprints and plans and perform/supervise all technical aspects of a job.
- The position is potentially multi-province so the ability to travel for shift work
- Valid class 5 driver’s license
- D&A Pre-employment testing required
- Absent an approved exemption, due to federal, state, local, provincial and/or client-requirements, this position requires an individual to be fully vaccinated by a Health Canada-approved or authorized COVID-19 vaccine upon hire and as a condition of continued employment
Jan 2022 to June 2022 with more work anticipated
14 and 7, 10-hour shifts
We thank all candidates for applying, but only those that are being considered for these positions will be contacted.