Chemco is a leading Western Canadian General Contractor specializing in multiple disciplines, including the area of heavy / light industrial earthworks projects throughout Western Canada. Chemco is a progressive company that supports all individuals in both professional and personal development. We are currently recruiting a Junior Civil Estimator for our Nisku office. The successful candidate will have the ability to work both independently and within a team, have strong communication skills and attention to detail.
If you are a self-starter motivated to make a career within our performance culture, apply in confidence.
- Preference will be given to those individuals who have a Post-Secondary Degree or Certification (C.E.T) in Civil Engineering, or a combination of education and industry experience;
- Knowledge of basic spreadsheet, database, word processing programs and basic computer operation is required;
- Ability to effectively communicate through emails and utilize electronic meeting requests is required;
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills are required;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline driven environment is required;
- P6 scheduling and Accubid experience is preferred.
- Assist in document control and drawing distribution;
- Perform quantity takeoffs;
- Review trade comparison sheets;
- Assist in the compilation and distribution of tender invitations;
- Assist in the compilation of the estimate;
- Work closely with Electrical and Mechanical estimators;
- Participate in bid review sessions;
- Participate project start-up / kickoff meetings;
- Assist in the ongoing maintenance of the Estimating Software and database;
- Attend meetings throughout Western Canada;
- Maintain and assist in the further development of assemblies and conceptual estimate models;
- Assist in the development and implementation of unit cost analysis reports and for comparing overall unit costs and trade unit costs for completed projects;
- Possibly work on a job site with the construction team;
- Other Estimating duties as required.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent.
Salary: Hourly, compensation is based on experience.
Location: Nisku, Alberta.